Pebloe Hotel

Pebloe Hotel

In 1903 Philetus Smith bought the Homer Davis property on the shores of Brant Lake. He then purchased a hotel located at the Tannery and moved it to the new lot, renamimg it the Pebloe Hotel. First guests arrived in 1905. They came by train to Riparius, and then by horse and carriage to the hotel. The Pebloe accommodated more than 200 people.

Del and Ann Pasco bought the property, and with the help of the local fire companies, burned the hotel and cleared the land to make way for new cottages. An association was formed, named Chippewa for the Native Americans who camped at Brant Lake, and the cottages were sold to individual owners. The association and cottages continue to exist.

See another postcard of Pebloe Hotel.