Point O'Pines Lodge, an Adirondack great camp and private island residence originally called Sand Point, was built around 1881 for George C. White of Saratoga Springs. The property changed hands several times in the years that followed. It was turned into Point O'Pines around the turn of the century, possibly by W.R. and Frances N. Brixey, In 1925 the owners of Brant Lake Camp bought the resort and operated it until 1950. (The photo is from the early 1950's.)
Samuel Lipman then acquired the property, and Lipman's son-in-law and daughter, Hobart and Norma Rosen, opened Point O' Pines Camp for Girls in 1957. Jim and Sue Himoff purchased the camp in 1984, and have made many improvements to the facility, including the opening in 1990 of Jimbo's Club, a restaurant and banquet center that is open after the summer season is over.