The Sunset Mountain Lodge, the oldest still-standing hotel on Brant Lake, has had a varied history. It was built by Robert Hayes in 1860, and has gone under the names of Trout Pavilion, Bass Pavilion, The Club House, Brant Lake Inn, Amagh Lodge and Brant Lake Fishing Club.
Cele and Harvey Heroux purchased the property and reopened it in 1946 as The Sunset Mountain Lodge. In 1970 Ed and Jane Kolakowski and Joe and Joan Metzger bought the property. In 1982 the Kolakowskis bought the Metzger's share and continue to be the sole owners, with their sons, of this beautiful bed and breakfast and its surrounding campgrounds.